Sunday, April 24, 2011

Brooklyn Flea Finds a New Home in Williamsburg

I'd previously described the Brooklyn Flea (www.brooklynflea.com) as a great place to find unique souvenirs (see my post about Flea Market Finds for AOL's Gadling.com). As it turns out, the Brooklyn Flea is also the perfect place to sample some of Brooklyn's best restaurants.

And just in time for lazy spring/summer weekends, the Brooklyn Flea has expanded to a new location in Williamsburg, Brooklyn -- which happens to be my neighborhood. From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sundays through November, vendors will set up their wares in a gravel lot that adjoins East River State Park. Though there are already at least a half dozen food stalls there now, I'm especially psyched to check out Smorgasburg, Brooklyn Flea's new all-food market that will be held in Williamsburg every Saturday. Starting May 21, more than 100 food vendors are expected to fill this lot. I wonder how many I'll be able to taste by summer's end.

Until then, check out this slideshow of my fave eats at Brooklyn Flea.

Brooklyn Flea in Williamsburg, Brooklyn


Photos by Amy Chen

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to enjoying the Brooklyn flea market next year.

    ReplyDelete