Friday, July 27, 2012

Summer Travel: 5 Travel-Friendly Sunscreen Products



When it comes to flying to a beach vacation or a lake getaway, you need some travel-friendly sunscreen products that follow TSA's 3-1-1 rule. From Miami to Croatia, I tested out some samples.

Top from left: Control Corrective Day Cream SPF 30, part of the Sun and Sport Travel Kit ($82) or about $25 on Amazon.com -- The 2.5-oz. bottle held more than enough sunscreen to cover my body on a recent two-day beach trip to Rovinj, Croatia, where I swam in the Adriatic Sea. Bonus: The watermelon scent is a refreshing break from the coconut smell of other sun products.

Supergoop! SPF 40 Sunscreen Day Cream ($16, www.supergoop.com) -- After suffering an allergic reaction to other sun products, I've started using this 1-oz. travel-friendly size for my face. I like that it rubs in easily and doesn't make my face feel greasy. I also used this while in Italy in June, when temperatures in Rome reached above 90. Best of all, it didn't streak when I splashed my face with water to cool off.

Bottom row: Supergoop! wipes -- These space-saving towelettes are helpful for applying sunscreen to your neck and other hard-to-reach places.

Coppertone sunscreen stick -- Unfortunately this sunscreen stick dried out my face, but it worked fine on my legs during a trip to Miami's South Beach.

Aveeno -- When in doubt, I go with the 3-oz. Aveeno for my face. It's easy to find in drugstores in your destination for under $10.

Photos by Amy Chen

No comments:

Post a Comment