Wednesday, November 21, 2012

How to Weatherize Your Home: 7 Busted Myths

After living in a newly-constructed Brooklyn apartment with radiant flooring to help me get through the (dreadful) New York winters, I'm now renting a two-bedroom house in Berkeley that was built in 1926. Though the Craftsman-style bungalow has been renovated, the insulation isn't great. So what's a renter to do?

I talked to several energy experts for this Bankrate.com piece about the myths of winterizing your home -- and learned a thing or two. From getting the scoop on air vent deflectors to discovering that ceiling fans have a "winter mode," I'm relieved that to find that there are blessedly inexpensive strategies to keep my energy bills from going through the roof. No construction required.

No comments:

Post a Comment